I know you are all pretty interested in what has been happening around my new house. Some of you are even wondering if we moved off the planet. NOPE! Just very busy. We got internet on Thursday night and I have been tired or busy since. You know my Scrap Box I posted about. It is missing a bracket in the box and so I have to wait to get a replacement before I can start putting it together. Bummer! My house is almost finished getting unpacked. We were going to go to storage today and get all our holiday decor and things that aren't necessities, but we decided to just finish gettin the girls bedroom organized. I went through all Makenna, Amy, and Emily's drawers and closets to get rid of clothes that they don't wear or don't fit. Should have done that before the move.
We are meeting lots of new friends already and my girls haven't been too homesick for Logan. They miss their friends but have already made some great new ones. There are about 4 families that are just like ours, 3 girls then a boy. However, we are the largest family in the neighborhood. No one else has 5 kids. That seems weird. Am I old enough to have the largest family in the neighborhood? So I already found a group of gals to scrapbook with. Next weekend I am going to a Stampin Up get together and tonight we went to a surprise birthday party for a neighbor. Our street is tight. It seems that most everyone is military or Mormon. At least one of my non-LDS neighbors sees it that way. He loves us though and has been one of the friendliest neighbors. I have to say I am relieved to have such a warm welcome. I feel like I moved to a street that will help me not get depressed about leaving my Logan friends. I miss them all so much but being so busy sure helps. I am going to have to find lots to do to keep busy once I get everything unpacked.
4 years ago
7 comments:
So glad to hear you made it and seem to be very welcomed to the neighborhood. That is a huge relief when you move. I look forward to more pictures. Happy unpacking! Miss you in Peoria, Danette
Deanna, I am glad to hear you got there safely. Get me your address ASAP. Thanks Tammi
Finally! It's good to hear some news. I'll have to read your book-pick. I'll suggest that you read Twilight by shannon meyers. You'll seriously want to find yourself a vampire. Mmmmm. -alison
Glad you are getting settled! I am coming to visit soon! uuuummm...yah.....post pictures of the house soon!!!
glad you are getting settled. i need to get that book for taylor to read. i heard they were good.
Deanna,
We had a YW meeting tonight and Georgia was saying how much she misses you! I'm really glad that you are doing so well in your new neighborhood. I know that was a big concern for you. You will grow where ever you are planted and be a great asset! Here is my blog, if you are interested terryall41.blogspot.com You take care.
Terry Allen Logan :)
Just thought you might want to know . . . .
The series' author, Phillip Pullman, is an avowed atheist who has averred that "I don't profess any religion; I don't think it's possible that there is a God; I have the greatest difficulty in understanding what is meant by the words 'spiritual' or 'spirituality.'" Critics of Pullman's books point to the strong anti-religion and anti-God themes they incorporate, and although literary works are subject to a variety of interpretations, Pullman left little doubt about his intentions when he said in a 2003 interview that "My books are about killing God." (Conservative British columnist Peter Hitchens labeled Pullman "The Most Dangerous Author in Britain" and described him as the writer "the atheists would have been praying for, if atheists prayed.")
Bill Donohue, president of The Catholic League, has condemned The Golden Compass as a "pernicious" effort to indoctrinate children into anti-Christian beliefs and has produced a 23-page pamphlet titled The Golden Compass: Unmasked in which he maintains that Pullman "sells atheism for kids." Donohoe told interviewer John Gibson on 9 October 2007 why he believes Christians should stay away from the film:
Look, the movie is based on the least offensive of the three books. And they have dumbed down the worst elements in the movie because they don't want to make Christians angry and they want to make money. Our concern is this, unsuspecting Christian parents may want to take their kid to the movie, it opens up December 7th and say, this wasn't troubling, then we'll buy the books. So the movie is the bait for the books which are profoundly anti-Catholic and at the same time selling atheism.
Other critics, however, have described Pullman's works as being more generally anti-religion rather than specifically anti-Christian or anti-Catholic:
In "His Dark Materials," Pullman's criticisms of organized religion come across as anti-authoritarian and anti-ascetic rather than anti-doctrinal. (Jesus isn't mentioned in any of the books, although Pullman has hinted that He might figure in a forthcoming sequel, "The Book of Dust.") His fundamental objection is to ideological tyranny and the rejection of this world in favor of an idealized afterlife, regardless of creed. As one of the novel's pagan characters puts it, "Every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling."
More about this movie & what is being said about it can be found at: http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
Post a Comment