Monday, June 19, 2006

What a mess!!!

Wow! I have got a ton of work to do to get my scrap space functional again. Actually it is almost there with just some minor work. But I have a ton of new supplies to put away. I am actually excited to have this problem. I love new stuff! So that is what I will be doing for the next few days in my spare time. Along with getting some of the challenges at Keepsake Trends finished. I got so far behind on everything since I was away. I took a rushed trip to AZ to help Ginger get her store opened and to be able to attend the Heidi Swapp night at the store. It was a blast and I actually won something. I will post a picture of that later.

So my trip to AZ was really fun. Thank you so much Tammi and Shanna for letting me impose for so long. I spent about 10 days with Tammi and 4 days with Shanna. I would have stayed longer with Shanna but I didn't want to overwhelm her with all my kids along with her day care kids. I had a great time scrapping with both Tammi and Shanna and I got 22 PAGES FINISHED while there. Can you believe that? That is a record for me! Anyway, I didn't take any pictures of my kids while I was there. Dumb I know. But Shanna has some fun water slide pics on her blog so I won't post them here too. The only pics I really took were at the store on the Heidi Swapp night so I will post those along with the pics of my prize.

So coming home was nice. Except for the fact that I HAD to drive it straight through since my kids were all sick with fevers and yucky noses and I didn't want to sleep at our friends house and get any of them sick. So after a long trip and long drive it was nice to come home, to a CLEAN house believe it or not. Thanks William! Remember the last post I made about my trauma with those geraniums? Well William repotted them while I was gone and they are doing beautifully. Here is a picture of the salvaged beauties...


William also did a great job watering my new vegetable and fruit garden. Here are some pictures of it. The first picture is what my plants in the backyard look like. Then the others are the plants in my front bed. I planted my strawberries a long time ago and they are just now finally starting to do ok. It must have been a little too cold still so I will most likely plant a few more larger plants closer to eachother and just worry about thinning them next year. My Green Beans and cauliflower are doing really well. And even though my tomatoes are struggling from freezing memorial weekend they actually have tomatoes on them too! So I am thrilled about that. I do have some replanting to do for a few plants that just didn't make it. Mostly because I didn't get them planted right after I bought them. Anyway, here are the pictures... Ok pictures in next post since I have reached my limit I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DANG DEANNA you have a GREEN THUMB! The plants all looks so GORGEOUS! I got a GREAT shot of AMY in the sun while you were here. I will have to get you it, ;like all those other pics I have taken of your kids but never give you! SORRY! Tammi

Anonymous said...

My thumb is too black to grow anything even close to resembling you yard!!
I love your scrap space..it SO beats my corner LOL! Its pretty clean!

Lisa said...

cool! love those husbands that help out!!! Glad you had fun! too bad I didn't get to see you!