Friday, September 15, 2006

Liberty Update...

Well, as you know Liberty stayed in the hospital and has been on oxygen. Well, she has gradually gotten worse before she has gotten better. She needed a couple of doses of meds to strengthen her lungs and then they removed the breathing tubes. Her lungs are doing wonderful now. However, they have cultered her blood for infections and couldn't find anything. Her regular blood tests though show one of her counts that tells you there is an infection in her somewhere is elevated too high to come home. She has been on a course of antibiotics and seems to be feeling ok. She just has to wait until that number comes down before they will stop the IV antibiotics and send her home. So while we wait for her to get better I am finally able to go to feed her at the hospital. That gets a little inconvenient but she nurses way better than being bottle fed. HALLELUJAH! That's gonna save me some cash. Every day that I have been to the hospital it seems to be that she is doing better but more bad news to keep her there longer. So here's to good news when I go in this morning to feed her! Have a great day. Oh and the upside to this is I get to sleep at least 5 hours at night before having to get up and pump. So no sleep depravation has hit me yet. Yeah!

The girls are dying to get a chance to hold her. Here is a picture I took of Emily watching her through the window of the NICU...


And thanks to my neighbors Jordan and Caryn for this special treat.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEanna, I cannot wait to see a picture of EMILY holding her. I will pray for you all! Take care, Tammi

Anonymous said...

I read about Liberty's birth on Shanna's blog--Congratulations! I am so in love with her name.

I know she'll be home soon!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait til you get her home! That will be a good day! So glad she nurses well!

Anonymous said...

Now those are great neighbours!

I hope all your news is good news now and Libby (yeah I've nicknamed her already ;-) ) gets to come home soon!