Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 11TH MAKENNA!!!

I took this picture of Makenna before school today. She is getting so grown up so fast. 11 years old today. I thought she would think this year was a boring birthday but she seemed totally excited about it.













She came home from school and instead of doing chores I let her play her violin longer than usual and in the living room instead of her room. (Dad wasn't home. Hehe.) Then we had a bbq dinner and invited Grandpa and Grandma Payne, Aunt Sarah, Taylor and baby Shanna, and Tony (dad's buddy). Makenna chose steaks for her birthday dinner so we had that and tater tots, green beans and spagetti squash. Yum!


Grandma and Grandpa Payne gave her a Skor candy bar but the real score was the 20 bucks she got. She is excited cause she is halfway to buying an Ipod nano.
















Here is the thing she was most excited about. She has been excited for months now. I told her when she turned 11 I would let her start shaving her legs. So I got her some shaving cream and razors of her own. See the drama on her face. She is so full of expression. That is one of my favorite things about her.

Happy Birthday Makenna! I love you and I am glad you had a great day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday makenna. tke care, tammi

Brooke Brooks said...

Happy Birthday Makenna!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! Wow I can't believe you have an 11 yr. old. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Makenna!! You are growing up so fast -- we miss you in AZ. Enjoy shaving - and be careful!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! love all the pictures...well, I told Makenna "happy birthday" yesterday on her blog, but in case she didn't see it....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKENNA! YAY! you finally get to shave your legs! haha! love ya!

Liz said...

Wow.. Deanna.. you are all the way in new Mexico now I can imagine I know you loved your neighbors there. There is a reason for change not sure what it is all the time. happy Birthday to Mc Kenna..
Thanks for the comment on the blog gonna love that M's $1.00 stuff hmmm. Look forward to seeing your creative stuff when you get unpacked and settled.. Good luck to you and your family.

Melissa said...

I can't believe she is 11! Happy Birthday!