So I have a confession to make...I have been suffering some post pardum after this last baby. And I finally got some drugs for it. Let me tell you how hard this was for me to decide to do. I am not a big believer in drugs anyway. And this just seemed to me to say that I can't handle life on my own or with God's help. I have always thought if you fix yourself spiritually then everything else will fall into place. I still believe that is true, but in this case I felt like I was really in need on the extra help. With 4 other children, I have never experienced post pardum before so it took a while for me to realize what was happening. Anyway, I have to tell you that these drugs are working wonders for me. Not only have they mellowed out my temperment with my children, but they are helping me sleep at night. For the last 6 years I have suffered from really bad cramping in my lower back when I sleep. So I have been sleeping sitting up for a while now. I have spent way too much time and money to try and fix this problem. I have tried pain killers and natural healing and NOTHING worked. But wouldn't you know it this Lexapro I am taking for post pardum is actual helping that. I can sleep on my side or flat on my back again. Ahhhh, it feels so good. Especially since I haven't really been able to enjoy my tempurpedic bed we invested in thinking it would help the pain. Anyway, here is the catch 22. I have been sleeping on my side again and now I am starting to suffer from a CONSTANT tension headache again. It isn't a terrible pain but a nagging feeling. I think I will try a new pillow. Oh and the Lexapro has helped the bursitis in my shoulder too that I have suffered with since early 1993. Amazing stuff this drug.
Does anyone know if there are bad side affects with this stuff. Please email me if you have any negative experiences you are willing to share with me. Thanks and have a great day!
4 years ago
2 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to realize what you were experiencing and get treatment! Our bodies go through so much, and I totally believe that PPD exists and can be treated medicinally. Of course prayer and attitude help out a lot and you know you wouldn't be able to get through anything without your Father in Heaven's help, but I also believe he's helped us find and make things to better our minds and selves and keep us healthy. I don't know anything about the drug, so I'm no help there. But congrats and good luck!
I used to feel the same way that you did about medication, but after experiencing the pain and anguish that PPD has had on my family, I have come to fully appreciate, and thank Heavenly Father for, the medical advances that have made mental and emotional health possible. Faith without works is dead, and I am so proud of you for exercising your faith by seeking the care you deserve. You are such a wonderful woman, and I have admired (and been jealous :-) of) you and your family since we were teenagers. You inspire me to not just take better pictures and exercise my crafting abilities, but to savor the everyday moments of life, and find joy in the ups and downs of motherhood. Much love to you my friend.
Post a Comment