Friday, June 08, 2007

Checking in before Checking out...

So today is the day we leave for a long vacation. We are heading to George and Joanne's house. That is William's brother. They have a big beautiful new home in Farmington, New Mexico. We haven't been there in almost two years so we decided a road trip is in order. Besides there is a Payne family reunion on Father's Day weekend in Southern NM. Also Mason hasn't ever been to Grandpa Payne's house (that he remembers anyway). So we are taking him for a trip to play on Grandpa's tractors. It is going to be so fun for the kids to play with their cousins that they haven't seen in forever and we get to see Baby Shanna Payne for the first time. She is the neice that was born at 24 weeks along that was in the hospital to a few months. She is over a year old now and I am betting Liberty may be a bit bigger than she is. But over the years I am sure she will catch up. It takes a while for preemies that small. Anyway, after we go to William's parents in Las Cruces we will be heading to Virden, NM for the reunion. After that we will be driving through AZ for a very stort stop. I am sad to not get to spend a little more time with my family but this trip is about the Payne family this time. And Shanna's girls went to see their dad anyway so it won't be AS fun for my kids. I am very excited however that I get to go see Tammi and her new baby girl Taylor. Here is Taylor Auayfuay...what a beauty she is. Congrats Tammi, Love you guys!

I have a huge list of things to do in the next 5 hours and I still need to get the truck packed to go. Anyway, I thought I would just check in and blog a little before being gone for a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
I'm sure your husband and I must be related! When I read your blog today, I'm quite sure of it. My grandma was a Payne before she married and became a Mortensen. She lived in Virden, NM....that's where my mother was born. Her name was Emma Belle Payne Mortensen. She was married to Arvin Mortensen. Her parents are Harry M. Payne and Ruth Curtis Payne. Is there a connection??? Have fun in Virden at your reunion!!!
Ann Mabee (Erin Trimble's mom)
PS I was sad to see that you won't be a KT designer any more. We'll miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun Deanna! I hope to see you while you are in AZ. Enjoy your trip!!

Anonymous said...

SEe you soon! Drive safe!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Family reunions can be so much fun! :) Take care and have a safe and happy roadtrip too.

Lisa said...

have a fun trip!