Friday, January 18, 2008

Better News about Emily. Whew!

First I need to say thanks to everyone for your calls and emails and comments about Emily. She is doing great. I heard from the doctor and it was nothing like I expected to hear. The results of her ultrasound were totally normal. They didn't find any problems. So I asked what it was they found in Emily's urine. The nurse told me nothing. It was clean. That really confused me. I wanted to know why they put her on such a long term of antibiotics if she is just fine. They told me that considering the number of infections she has had in such a short time that the norm is to prescribe meds for a whole year. And it is a preventative treatment so she won't get another infection. The older she gets the better she can clean herself and they are hoping that is the only reason she has had these problems. Ok, I am fine with that. I had horrible worries about her being diagnosed with something terrible. Especially since we don't have private healt insurance right now. We did get accepted for Medicaid for the kids since William still hasn't had an income so for one year the kids will be covered. Thank Heavens cause we have already paid so much out of our pockets before the medicaid went through. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Oh and as for the party, I think I am going to go with the makeover party idea. Emily and Amy went to one in Utah and had a blast so I think I will run with that theme. Besides Emily is such a girly girl that it is perfect for her. Thanks for the idea Jaci and Angie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news! I think the makeover party will be fun and very inexpensive.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear the update. I was sick to my stomache thinking about it! Happy Bithday to Emily. Isn't it Wiliams birthday too. Take care, Tammi

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad she's better and everything's ok. That's a huge relief! Love you guys! -Hillary

Brooke Brooks said...

Thats wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

i am glad that emily is doing better!!!

Melissa said...

So glad she is doing better. Jocelyn is having a VCUG done on Thursday to see if her reoccuring bladder problems is reflux. Hopefully we will get good news too.

TheHarriman Family said...

Deanna,
I am so glad that Emily is OK! Are the kids adjusting better to life there in New Mexico?

Ranae