Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Exhausted!!!

Here is a list of things that have been exhausting my body and brain lately...
  • It has been 20 days since my last post and I only feel a little guilty.
  • We have lived in our new home for over a week now and I still haven't posted pictures yet.
  • I did most of the moving of the non- heavy stuff myself.
  • I spent 7 hours cleaning my rental before handing over the keys. And that would have been multiplied by a million if it weren't for great friends who came and helped me clean last Friday.
  • I finally got my Scrap Studio mostly unpacked. Not organized though.
  • Last week I spent three important unpacking, moving and cleaning days with William's mom. Took her to the doctor and now she HATES me. She won't even speak my name.
  • I am struggling terribly to understand how this disease (Alzheimers) affects the brain and the memory and makes her say such terrible things about me. I still love her so much and I think that is what hurts the most. I hate seeing her deteriorate like this. I hope my children never have to deal with me this way.
  • I should be finished unpacking but I found a new distraction. I have been reading the unfinished book by Stephenie Meyer called Midnight Sun. It is a must read.
  • I did get to scrapbook with my girlfriends today. I finished two pages. I doubt I will think to post them any time soon though.
  • I am having a HUGE Halloween party on Friday night and I am so NOT ready for it. But it should be really fun. I NEED to quit reading and get my house ready.
  • My laundry is starting to pile up again. Only about 3 loads behind but I decided that in my new laundry room I don't want piles anywhere but the basket. That means I should never be more than two loads behind.
  • I haven't walked in a week now. However, with all the stress I have managed to loose about 7 pounds. I couldn't handle the South Beach thing so I decided to just cut my portions down and cut out most of my sugar intake. That along with exercise has really done wonders.
  • I am so tired now that I need to get to bed.

4 comments:

Joey said...

Just keep going. Halloween is such a stress reliever-dress up and be whatever you want. Can't wait to see pics when you have a chancce to get them up. I have also been on the stress diet. While not recommended, it is highly effective! Hope you have a great week!!

Chris and Rita said...

Sorry you have been so stressed. Alzheimer's can be so emotionally devastating. I am sorry your family has to go through that pain. Take care...and get some sleep when possible. Great job on the 7 lbs!!
Rita

TheHarriman Family said...

Hi Deanna! It looks like you are as busy as ever. My Grandmother and Grandfather both had Alzheimers---it is an awful disease! I can't believe how big your kids look. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home. It sounds great. We are in Portland now. I still can't believe we were able to sell our house.
Ranae

Anonymous said...

geese deanna
why does grandma hate you just for taking her to the doctor!!
she must have been stressed too