Sunday, July 01, 2007

Putting my house in order...

I got my basement cleaned and organized again this weekend. It feels good to go down there and get that done every now and then. Oh and I am rearranging bedrooms YET AGAIN! I am moving the guest bed downstairs into Mason's room and moving Mason and his bed upstairs to share a room with Liberty. We have been trying Mason and Liberty together for the last couple of nights and it is working out rather well. He has been going through the get up in the middle of the night to pee stage. Either that or because our basement is so chilli he crawls into my bed. Anyway, I hate getting out of bed to go put him back in bed so this is a lot easier. Not to mention that when my girls put laundry away they throw it on the floor by his bed instead of putting it in his drawers. I don't blame them though, that is my job. Well, I spend most of my time upstairs or outside until bedtime when I remember he has tons of clean clothes needing to be put away. So I am going to be much better at keeping his room clean and teaching him to put away his own clothes. Mason is loving sleeping with Liberty and it is cute to listen to them giggling to each other.

William got my garden box finished on Saturday and roto-tilled compost into the clay-like dirt we have here. It looks beautiful and I am hoping to plant a bunch of green beans tomorrow. I am going to plant watermelon, canteloupe and honeydew back there too. Yum!
We also almost finished the landscape changes to our front yard. So Monday morning I will be shoveling dirt again and trying to pull weeds. I will take pictures of everything to post when it is all finished.

Since Sunday is my day of rest and relaxing I took a 4 hour nap. After that I made a big roast, potatoes and gravy dinner and a butterscotch pudding pie for dessert. That was enough to send me back to bed for another nap. Instead of going back to bed I decided the best way for me to really unwind is to clean my craft room and start a couple of projects. So I put away a bunch of stuff so I can feel good in my playroom again. Then I gathered ribbons together put them into a paint can and I am going to decorate the paint can to give to my girlfriend for a belated birthday present. Can't wait to give it to her. I am going to make it PINK and GIRLY since she is a mother of three boys.

Every now and then I have to make myself a list of things to do and show it to someone so I feel more accountable therefore becoming more proactive with my list. So here's to a busy and productive Monday!
  • Clean 3 upstairs bathrooms
  • Shovel dirt and pull weeds
  • plant my garden and take pictures
  • Go to Kohls to buy my birthday present from my kids(hehe!)
  • Run by Michaels to use my coupon. (Can't let it go to waste right?)
  • go to bank with deposit
  • get groceries
  • Clean my room and put paperwork away in files
  • call Makenna at her dad's house
  • Call Tammi to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

crazy said...

Deanna, you are too funny. I am getting so old. I am pretending my birthday doesn't even exist this year. Sounds like you are getting alot done. I ave had the same to do list for about a year. Take care, Tammi