Well, I have been trying to get a handle on my kids chores and my frustrations with my kids being naughty or fighting with each other. Oh there are lots more reasons to have this system in place so I will share some of what is in them.The Naughty can is for when I want to wring their little necks. Well most of the time I send them to their room or ground them to the thing they hate the most. So instead of doing that I decided to go with the approach that my sister-in-law, Joanne takes with her kids. Thanks for the idea Joanne. You rock! Anyway, the naughty can has all kinds of chores from the daily stuff they should already be getting done to the really down and dirty jobs that don't get done often as I wish around here (dusting my TV, Shanna, LOL!). When I am upset with my kids for any reason like being at their friends longer than I told them they can, not getting their chores finished, fighting with their siblings, or the big one is shoving things under their beds. They will pull out slips of paper with chores on them. Each chore has to be finished before they can go to play again. So hopefully this works.
The NICE can... This is our reward system. If they have been extra helpful around the house, finished all their jobs without me nagging at them. If they are just being sweet to me or each other, or even if they deserve rewards for other things like doing good in school, etc. They will get to pull a slip from the NICE can. The nice can has things in it like go to lunch with Dad, play with moms paints, stay up past bedtime tonight, rent a movie, pizza at Sams club, go to the park, go to the library, etc. This can has things my kids really love. They can't wait to use it. Hmmm...I can't wait to let them use it either. I figure that if they don't get to pick from it enough I might tell them if they complete a certain number of slips out of the naughty can they can pull one slip from the nice can. I will let you know how well that works. Hehe!
1 comment:
The paint cans are a great idea...we may have to consider this. It seems every few months we try something new, you know the drill!
Post a Comment