Monday, September 01, 2008

Awake in the middle of the night...

Well, I fell asleep on the couch again. I started a new book that I really don't have time for. I just love to read and although I stress about the things I am not getting done while I read, I love getting lost in my books. I am currently reading The Holy Secret. So far the book is as good as The Peacegiver also by James Farrell. So I was asleep around 10pm on the couch. That is terribly early for me. No school tomorrow. I am glad for that. Nicky, our dog, woke me around 2am to go out to pee. It was raining so hard when he went to bed that I didn't take him outside first. So I knew waking in the middle of the night was inevitable. Anyway, I took him out and put him back in his bed then went to my bed. I laid there for a while thinking, so I decided to get up and post what I am thinking about.

I really love this man. He is sleeping right now and I am terrible with expressing my feelings to him. I know he reads my blog so Honey, this is for you. Tonight I was talking to a girlfriend about our kids and what kind of spouse they will make. I realized that the example they have for a husband is William and how hard he is going to be for them to find a man like their dad. As much as I complain about how little he does to help sometimes, he really helps me more than any of my girlfriends husbands combined, I bet. I have been so spoiled. I am so blessed to have him as a husband. I love him with all my heart and I thank my Heavenly Father for saving him for me. He loves me so much and I wish I was better at showing him how much I love him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post DEanna. I am sure we all could give more of a shout out to our husbands. Maybe when my gets helpful I will. Just kidding. You do have a GREAT guy. Take care, Tammi

Anonymous said...

AWWW! I'm sure he knows how much you love him...I know it can be difficult acutally showing to others, but you know what would help at showing affection? I STRONGLY recommend a book called "The Five Love Languages", the edition for married people, by Gary Chapman. I have the edition for Singles and it's helped me out a lot. It's really amazing and it makes a lot of sense! GET IT and READ IT! You won't regret it, I promise! Love ya! -Hillary

Lisa said...

very sweet! i need to start reading. got breaking dawn on my nightstand!